Arrived in Honduras Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013

Thursday Sept. 19, 2013
Okay - so I have like no time, classic yeah?
Our p-day is Monday
and I'm in La Ceiba, which is like right by the mar pretty much.
I had to call
for water this morning from our balcony, crazy yeah? So the Spanish is better
than I thought, my comp is Hermana L. from Guatemala. She is good but mumbles a bit when she speaks :)
It was so sad to say goodbye to Hermana B! She stayed
in La Lima where we all met first so that she can learn all the nursing stuff. I'm taking pics! Our other comp we basically were in a trio with for the first
like 24 hrs here was assigned to Roatan (islands north of Honduras)!!! They have Hermanas there now! They're
opening a new area so it's good.
![]() |
| San Pedro Sula Mission Boundaries in Red (along coastline) |
I'm wearing contacts but I'll probably just start
wearing glasses, we'll see how the heat goes. Couldn't brush my teeth last night
because we didn't have enough water. Ridiculous. :) We ate at a member's house last
night. Afterwards we talked about 1 Nephi 15 with them - Hermana D. y F. I swear
they're twins. They're studying nursing. Apparently everyone I'm coming in
contact with is a nurse!
So the weather? Straight up HOT! I went from hot
in NC to cold in Mexico to hot here. Ants on the floor. My bed is good. We have a
couple huge fans so that's good. I understand about 80 por ciento de what my
comp says.:) This morning was rough though before our zone meeting. I was really
frustrated and just straight up sad. I felt like 18 months was going to be
FOREVER. So we'll see. I just had the perfect life at the CCM. I seriously miss
it so much.
On our way to the stake center here where I''m emailing from,
we saw a dead cat. I could have touched it we were so close. Disgusting with a
capital D. So yeah, it's great and I'm learning stuff but i just can't think about
the time. My companion has been out 9 months. She's been here like her whole
time so she wants me to help her be excited. Haha.
We ate fried bananas and
beans with the members last night. I couldn't eat it all so I took
some home. I talked with them a lot. They were really nice. I've already been
called "honey" here, idk who said they don't feel "unprotected" here cuz I get
scared as mess. Everyone stares.
I'll email
more next Monday, I love and miss you all!!!!
Sis. D. Jr.





