Thursday, October 31, 2013

New comp - new adventures!

We literally just got back from changes!!! It was great! and guess what, I have a new comp Hermana U. from Ecuador! She's from Quito :) Crazy, but i feel like I'm with dad almost sometimes because he served there! Haha!

Yeah y'all I'm going crazy. But honestly i feel really good. I'm scared out of my mind but i think I'll be more scared when i get moved to a different área. It sort of feels like I'm starting all over again, but I'm pretty optimistic. Hermana U.went Guatemala Training Center and she entered there like the 7th of September. Soooo I'm senior companion and basically training her because she had a trainer who only got to week tres with her.....so we're basically starting over poor girl. We're both pretty much in the same boat though so we feel good about that and if we trust in the Lord, which we are doing of course ;) we will be more than ok :) We are already more than ok! She is super tall and a little shy but honestly, we're clicking already. I can already feel my Spanish getting better, after that 3 hour bus ride and me of course wanting to talk as much as I always do, my Spanish is already improving haha! And she wants to learn English! Ella tiene el deseo to learn English! Imagine that! I'm excited. And freaked out. And nervous. And relieved. :) It's a ton to remember as senior comp and showing someone an área and basically training someone and barely being done with training myself is a lot to handle. But I have faith and a lot of it or else I would be home eating quarter baked brownies watching a chick flick!... 

It's truly amazing what a misión does or what it can do for you. A misión can change you if you let it. The Lord really does take your weaknesses and makes them your strengths. Like I've said before, I should be dead, or be sick at disgust at these poor dogs that should be dead that roam the streets or throwing up after eating so much food or be sick because of the lack of hygiene and everything being so new, but guess what, its really a miracle that I'm here :) It's a miracle that I am serving the Lord and I LOVE IT. Can you believe it? I love this work! I may have to remind myself in about 2 hours or tomorrow afternoon when we're baking in the sun and I'm scared out of my mind to go teach someone but hey, right now, I LOVE IT. And that's what's important :) Most of the time I just say, "Yo no sé!" and smile :) and somehow, things work out :)

Read Helaman 10:4-5
4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.

 5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.

I love how it says that Nephi had worked unwearyingly and how we as missionaries have to do the same, but how we'll be so blessed for it it's not even funny. And I'm able to see the blessings in my life right now. I never saw myself serving a misión. Ever. Period! I never saw it. But the other night as I was talking to Hermana L. I told her the exact same thing, I was like "Nunca pensé que yo iba a servir una misión" and right then I threw my arms up and was like, "pero aquí estoy!" and right at that momento the little girls across the way yelled over, "Hóla!" and still with my arms up, i naturally turned and waved frantically. I love this work!  It's SOOO hard and it rips you apart sometimes and time goes slow and you can't believe what you've gotten yourself into, but then you just have to say, "yo no sé!", smile, eat some peanut butter, read a scripture or drink a liquiado, pat yourself on the back and say a prayer. "Todo va a estar bien, en realidad and I know it because the church is true.

This misión is amazing. I never thought I would say that but it's true. Honduras is an amazing place and I feel so lucky and blessed to be able to serve these people. They need the gospel and I need them and the Lord needs them and they need the Lord. Don't we all need the Lord? We're his children afterall and He loves us :)

Have an amazing week and share your testimony with someone :) Make a change in your life, because like I said last time, today is yesterday's tomorrow, so let's get to work!! :) 

Have a great Halloween everyone! Eat some candy for me! Thank you for all your love and support and prayers. They are truly helping me survive, emotionally, physically and mentally and of course spiritually. :)

Now lets do this thing!!!

love hermana despain