Living in a house with four sisters can be a little crazy! Especially on a mission it's just like, look, we're all tired and exhausted and stressed. Can we all just eat some chocolate, talk about the guipers we had today and sleep? But of course that’s not how Satan has it planned ;) Living with girls though just gives me a greater appreciation for guys and it really prepares you for life, ya know, married life. I'm practicing my listening skills and my patience so that’s really good! It's all just part of the mission!
Things are a ton better with my comp! She told me she hadn’t cried her whole mission and apparently I made her cry two nights in a row. I’m a horrible person you guys. But guess what? One of the hermanas said that this is the happiest she has ever seen my comp :) GOAL!!!!! So obviously we're doing something right!
There is un montón de menos activos here! It's really, really sad. Satan's grasp is so obvious to see here because this area is so pueblito and in the middle of no where. It's so sad to see how innocent the people are and how quick they are to follow Satan’s temptations. We met with the ward mission leader here one morning when he randomly called a meeting and it went really well. He asked for advice and tips and things we could do to improve the ward and we just went to town! Apparently the missionaries that leave Santa Rita are usually just exhausted because of all the work here! It’s a project too big to complete :/ but anything is possible with the help of Heavenly Father yeah? :) Luke 1:37 We have 3 people with fechas (baptismal dates) Probably because we challenged 3 people to be baptized yesterday! Sometimes you just have to get out there and challenge people and get past the "mira hermana....es que...." and all the other excuses they come up with and keep encouraging them to accept their fecha and set a goal! If we don't set goals we're not working for anything, just a nice idea! (right daddy ;)) But the ward mission leader started making a list of the bad qualities of the ward on the board and that felt a little weird so I was like "um, what are the strengths of the ward? Because if we identify the strengths, we can work with those to diminish the weaknesses!" Then he said I was "pilas" and that felt good :) SO GOOD :) "Pilas" is like "really good". Idk how to describe it, but it's good haha.
We dropped our other hermana in the trio off in Progresso this week to go to Olanchito. I woke up at 5 so we would be on time to leave by like 6:30 for Progresso. There was a real curse on this house of disobedience that we're trying to get rid of. Things are improving. We had spaghetti the other night as a group of four sisters and that was good and fun, but apparently it got one of the other sisters sick.
We helped a less active member carry 12 liters of soda up a mountain to his house one afternoon and I thought just hiking up that hill was bad. Try carrying 12 liters of soda up there! Banana soda is a big thing here. At first it tastes good.. about the second time? Not so much haha.
We have a blender here! I love it :) In all the girly drama this morning, there was sister Despain drinking her papaya smoothie listening to Vivaldi...can you see it? It was great ;) We watched Frozen this morning as a zone after playing basketball. It was good to get back out on the court and try and play without having any contact whatsoever with the Elders. awkward/ howamisupposedtoboxout? So the zone is better than it seemed to be at first. I was scared the first day, they were like "Welcome to zona Santa Rita" and I think there was one finger snap. In Miramar we would go crazy!!! :)
I got a package this week and let me tell you guys, it is a true miracle every time I end up actually receiving the package! It always comes exactly when I need it. Exactly! I had just come back from having a horrible day and there was my package waiting and I read the "Remember Lots Wife" talk and it was perfect. So thank you thank you thank you. You all are perfect. I'll talk more next week. They’re closing the café here!
¡Oh! P.S. I found two screws in the bottom of a glass of juice someone offered me here last week (someonedoesntwantmeinsnatarita) But I want to be here!
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Love,
Hermana Despain