I found batteries for my scale this week! They cost me 55 lmps each so it was like 5 dollars in the end but it was worth it! It feels great to know where I'm at with my weight and everything. Plus its nice to weigh bags and everything, especially for my companion as she's packing things up. So I'm grateful for men on street corners that sell batteries :)
There were 2 deaths here in the neighborhood this past week, so that kind of shook things up. One was expected but the other was an accident as a result of some ladrones (thieves) that ended up choking a man apparently. Horrible, horrible things. But mostly it’s a result of people being on drugs. So what do we learn from this? Don’t do drugs...
So I'm getting excited for the changes meeting. It's always a ton of fun to see friends and best friends and see how people have been doing and how people have changed. It’s always exciting to see where people go. Having the mutual drive to work through the entire day can be challenging. We keep going even at 7:30 at night when the day for us ends at 8. It's a great practice to learn more about the real meaning of "perseverar hasta el fin" (endure to the end). We teach it all the time but now I'm actually living it!So not only are we out here saving souls, but we're here saving little kitties :) We were out making visits with a member when we were walking out of an alley and saw like an old rusty cake pan full of not cake, but cats! Poor babies were like 15 days old and hadn’t even opened their eyes. We didn’t really know what to do and we figured we couldn’t do anything for them...but after like two citas I turned to my companion and I was like "I want to do something for the cats..." So we went back and dropped the member off and carried them back to our house to take pictures of course, and then asked around if anyone could take care of them. It was actually a great way to find people to talk to! We ended up being able to give them to a family of recent converts and they’re still taking care of them. So that felt good, to save three little kitties from death in an alley.
I made a Family Home Evening house for the M____ family. The recent convert family I'm always talking about :) Little piece of home I felt like :) They LOVED it! It was a huge success!!!
Sometimes it's hard to be on a mission and have the desire to just go to a library and read a book by myself or watch a movie like 12 Angry Men. I never wanted to do that before! Sometimes I feel like I’m going crazy, but it’s all worth it.
Didn’t have a ton of time to write since today was Independence Day so things were a little different, but we had a good day in B____ with our district cooking lunch and just relaxing.
Love you guys and I hope you all have a great week :)
2 weeks until changes!!!
Love,
Hermana Despain