No tengo cambio!!!! Y Hermana U. tampoco!!! So the fabulous Hermana U. y Hermana Despain van a quedar en La Ceiba!!!! We were screaming when we found out. This is how it all happened!
So my birthday was beyond fabulous :) I woke up and Hermana U. had made me a little Jell-O/fruit cocktail thing and then we went and ran and showered and got ready and went to the stake center for our zone meeting! So we got there and U. started like talking to the ZLs and I was all suspicious but then they asked if they could talk to me and I got all nervous but then I figured they were just trying to distract me when they started asking things like "how do you feel in your area? How is it to not have a phone? Do you feel left out?" and I just wanted to be like "dude, what’s going on?". But then we went back into the meeting and they started in and then all the sudden, Elder C. and like 5 other Elders come in singing and with a cake and everyone had their cameras out and it was the best thing ever!!! So then I was super surprised and super happy and I could have cried! But then they were all telling me to like bite a bit of the cake and I was thinking ok that’s weird, can I just lick it? And then as I started to lick it, one of the Elders shoved my face into the cake. THEY SHOVED MY FACE IN THE CAKE YOU GUYS. And guess what? I LOVED IT!!!!!
Even though I spent like 10 minutes on my makeup that morning, I loved it! I was super surprised and a little teary eyed but afterwards I was just like "dude what the heck, this is the best!". Apparently I had the Word "oiiii!" stuck on my forehead and a smile on it too. So after everyone took pics and videos, I went and washed it off and we ate cake and had the meeting and I learned a lot and took notes and everything :) Hermana U. had grabbed the Happy Birthday banner from the house and they decorated a white board with that and it was just so fun :) I wouldn’t have wanted to spend my bday in the mish any other way :) So after all that we went to go help Hermana R. clean her window panes but we ended up listening to her talk for 3 hours while we ate cake that she surprised me with :) It was so so so sweet. She's like my Honduran mom :) It meant so much to me. And don’t worry, I saved the candle ;) So we booked it to our next appointment and how ironic, they can’t afford food! Only problem was that a torrential down pour started and we couldn’t even hear ourselves talk during the lesson. THAT’S always a little frustrating. So that lesson took over an hour so we were late to our dinner appointment and they were leaving to go to the baptism and it turns out they had bought me a pizza!
We went to the baptism after we drove with the family down a hill really fast because it was my birthday so that was fun. The baptism was great, I played the piano and all the missionaries there sang "Love at Home" together. What was even better was that there really is love in our district and we really are like a family. Everyone said that they felt the spirit really strongly when they sang:) and I loved playing for it too :) Such unity!!!! So yeah like everyone was telling me happy birthday and everything and it just made me so happy :)
I opened a few packages and loved it! I opened the Uno cards and the Rock Paper Lizard Spock game and I can’t wait to play it! I opened the Charlotte Russe bag too and of course I love anything pretty and sparkly!!!!! Love the jewelry and sock bun thing and jacket! It was so nice to be able to open fun presents on my birthday! I can't wait for Christmas! :)
What was sad though was to find out that the N. family had waited for us and made a bunch of food for us because we had a cita with them but we went to the baptism earlier than expected so we couldn’t visit them! She had made a cake and everything :( She wanted to spank me but I was like "Hey, I'm an hermana, you can't touch me!" So we ate some leftover cake and Parent Trap was on TV, that brought back some good memories :) But we turned it off and shared a little message. The families here really have become my Honduran family. I love it. And how many times can you say that you spent your birthday in a foreign country doing what the Lord would have you do? Pretty rare:)
We had 6 investigators in church yesterday! One of the R. sons brought Jonathan and Ivan to church and it was such a miracle to see them there! They seemed to be enjoying it. It was just such a nice surprise to have so many investigators there and to have the gospel principles room so full we almost didn’t fit :)
Ward Correlation in 3 hashtags #loco #chaos #someonegotalittleheated
Can you believe it, we watched "The Pump" in Gospel Principles yesterday. I was like, you've got to be kidding me. It wasn’t as funny in Spanish and I couldn’t keep a straight face but they actually did a great job of connecting it to the lesson! The instructor talked for about 90% of the time though and doesn’t ask many questions so that's stressful when you have your investigators just sitting there listening and listening and you just hope they're paying attention. But overall it was really good and I couldn’t stop smiling.
We sent around a meal calendar and we have dinner citas for like the next two weeks! it was the cutest thing to get the calendar back and just feel the love of the members :) We'll see if we lose some weight because we'll be eating earlier and at a better time...
Love you all, thank you for your love and support, never give up. The gospel of Jesus Christ brings happiness. You just have to let it bring happiness into your life :)
Con todo mi amor y todo mi corazón,
Hermana Despain