So yes, I have transfers and I'm pretty much stressing out but I've had a few days to think about it and we've started to say goodbye to people and everything. We had interviews with President Klein on Wednesday and he gave me a little heads-up. The hermanas said that they are really close to no changes between the hermanas of the mission this time around because there won't be any new sisters until May! MAY you guys! So we're off the hook as far as training goes until then. But yeah that means everything will change between all of us from now until then but I'm doing okay. I'm super nervous cuz I’ve never really transferred before and literally everything changes, but it will all work out. It will just feel like starting over again :/ but it’s true that "a change is as good as a break" as my parents tell me!
We saw another dead cat on the way back from church yesterday. So super gross but I guess that’s life yeah? Hermana U. was just like "ew gross" and I was like "What? OH!" Fun times :)
Some of the challenges we're experiencing are like the fact that we don’t have Books of Mormon. I mean copies of the Book of Mormon ;) but really though! idk what happened, but they just aren’t distributing them through the ruta! So here we're trying to tell people about this restored gospel without Books of MORMON! We're in citas and it's like "um tiene un amigo que tiene un libro de Mormon?" but we work around it. We're just struggling a little bit there is all.
Also everyone feels the need to travel around this time of year cuz the school year here is from February to like November...but the attendance in church is like skyrocketing to a whopping 104! Crazy right? We were having our missionary coordination meeting with our ward mission leader last week and we were talking about our investigators and he was telling us how people are listening to us, but not for the right reasons and it was totally heartbreaking. And finally I just looked at the ground and was like "es que no hay nadie más..." It was so frustrating!!
But we found a boy named F. yesterday who lives near our other investigator, N!! He is 12 and lives with his 16 year old sister. We don’t know where the dad is but the mom is in New Jersey. So they live alone and he is a super good kid. When we visited him yesterday, he had to run out to buy a pill for his sister. He is so sweet. So yeah when we met him the other day just after contacting his house, we talked to him for a bit and got to know him and I challenged him to be baptized right there and he accepted #miracleshappen and we invited him to come to church the next day but we weren’t expecting him to come since we only talked to him for a few minutes. BUT NO! We passed by for him and he comes running out in his jeans and converse and I was expecting him to be like "la verdad es que..." and give some excuse... but he came to church!!! We passed by for N. too and he came! We ended up having 7 investigators in church which is pretty good for here. They really enjoyed church but I think N. had sort of a tough time when the Bishop gave me a minute to say goodbye to the ward during sacrament meeting. It was s a little awkward I have to say, but I just told everyone that I had changes and that I was grateful for their help and their examples and that if Christ is our rock, everything will be okay.
We went to the Centro with a member to take out money for my comp and we took the member to lunch afterwards and she picked this place by the beach. It was crazy cuz it was like "Here I am in Honduras on a regular day, just eating pupusas and drinking horchata on the beach having an experience people would pay thousands of dollars for...no big deal!" That’s why I love my mission. For all the frustrating and less than positive things that go on here spiritually and physically, there are so many neat experiences I would have never had anywhere else. And of course pupusas are ridiculously yummy, Who wouldn’t want to eat fried pork, cheese and tortillas? But afterwards we were on our way back and we drove past this cow that was just spewing blood all over the street. We don’t know what happened but this guy was trying to control the poor thing with a long rope. Crazy, sad things happen all the time here :(
MONDAY night we got a call from our zone leader and he was like "we have two pieces of news for you guys, you guys will need to go to the mission office in San Pedro tomorrow...you have emergency transfers". If there is one way to stress a poor missionary out, just tell them they need to take a 4 hr bus ride to one of the most dangerous cities in the world at 5 a.m. with practically no money! The whole "emergency changes" turned out to be a joke! NOT FUNNY! If a robbery is experienced sometimes they take the sisters out of the area immediately, so it totally could have been true. But it was fine and the next morning we were on our way to San Pedro to immigration to get our pictures taken so we could be official residents of Honduras ;) Super cool yeah? We did a lot of waiting and I got to see some missionaries from the México CCM that were there from the other mission. San Pedro is HOT!! The car ride to immigration was the most fun I’ve had in months. Let's just say that haha! After all the immigration stuff we went to the terminal to head back to Ceiba. The whole time we felt like we were going to cambios and me and U. just hated that feeling but looks like we'll have to have that wonderful experience again this Wednesday! Que nos vaya bien :/ On our way back to Ceiba we were on a cheaper bus and we had to listen to these women talk in Garífona for a straight 4hrs. not even joking and they don’t talk, they YELL! It’s a crazy language. But other than all the citas we couldn’t go to -the trip was fun! :)
So it's going to be super hard to leave Hermana U. She is the best! We've gotten really close these past 12 weeks :) I feel good about the work I've done here in Las Colinas. I'm sad to leave the people because they really are like my family and we have some baptisms scheduled that I think might actually happen! I don't have any regrets and I have loved my time here. Everyone says it's super hard to leave your first área and it is so ridiculously true, but I'll go where the Lord wants me to go! When we sing "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" as a zone, the part where it says "a las montañas o islas del mar," everyone replaces "islas del mar" with “Roatan”, so that’s just a little something funny :) We'll see where I'm sent and I'll probably feel really down and stressed all over again, but it will pass, cuz it always does! The other day I just looked at Hermana U. and was like "I can’t leave this zone..." with "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" playing in the background. Honestly, this zone has been lo mejor and I will miss it like crazy. Nothing will ever be the same but it's part of serving a mission and it’s the best. I love you guys a ton!
The church is true! :)
