Thursday, December 11, 2014

Answered Prayers

I'M TRAINING! Again!!! I'm so happy and so excited. Let me tell y’all it was an answer to my prayers in trying to be obedient and happy and finish strong. I knew I needed to have a fresh start. After being in the mission for a time people start to say stuff about other people, you hear rumors and it’s just not pretty, so to be able to start and finish with a brand new missionary is such a blessing. But really though, I was praying I would  be able to train again. This time I feel like I'm doing it right, like I know what I'm doing and I can actually help this missionary. Although she is like already fabulous. She is so sweet and humble and loving. Her name is Hermana M_____  and she’s from Nicaragua, so that makes 3 companions from Nicaragua. She's 24 and served a month in a mini mission in her country, but only visiting the less actives. Super interesting, but it’s PERFECT because she knows a lot about retention so she can help a ton with us being secretaries!

I feel so busy it’s not even funny, like there’s no time for anything! The day needs like 27 hours I swear. We had fun doing Jazzercise this morning and I made her breakfast. The only sad thing was that there’s no water again so we had to haul rain water (Hallelujah there was some collected!!) so we could shower. So it’s like "Welcome to T_____! We have a beach! But there’s no water..." She is such a good sport though, very mature and kind.

I ended up being able to go to the changes meeting since I wanted to be able to go and take her back, since there wouldn’t be another sister to bring her back. Honestly these past few days were INSANE. "Who are you with?, Where are you going? Does she have changes? Well you need to take this bus, but what time does it leave? Wow we have no money, but that’s too late to travel, you can’t take a taxi that late! Is she going to the changes meeting? Call the leaders then, so where do they leave?" Insane. Tuesday morning we went to T_____ for our Zone meeting, but it was so awkward cuz not everyone knew who had changes since the AP's were told to not call anyone until Tuesday night. The missionary department doesn’t want missionaries to lose time by knowing days in advance who has changes, but that causes a lot of problems at the same time as far as travel goes. But we had a great meeting anyways and we combined our district with T_____. Their district leader is great! He taught about goals and plans and visions. Super motivating. It’s so cool now though with time in the mission, to feel like maybe I actually know what I’m doing and I have suggestions and advice for others. It’s a great feeling, but I know I didn’t do any of it alone. After our meeting we all got together and wouldn’t you know it, I got my face shoved in cake.....AGAIN.

So after an hour bus ride Tuesday morning, 3 hour bus ride that afternoon, 3 hour bus ride Wednesday morning and 7 hours in the bus again that afternoon and night? I'm happy to be back in T______ :) Feeling really blessed, Heavenly Father sent us lots of angels and great leaders to help make sure we got where we needed to go! We traveled by ourselves from S__ P____ so that was scary. I had never done it before, but we did it! With lots of prayers and help!

I know Heavenly Father answers our prayers and reveals the needs of the missionaries to the mission President. I know changes are inspired. I know our challenges won’t last forever, Heavenly Father loves us too much for that :)

Love y’all!
Have a great week!

Hermana Despain